Department of Economic Integration
Department of economic integration started its activities from the moment of creation of the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs in October 2013.
Since November 2013 the Department has been actively involved in the integration processes within the Customs Union and Single Economic Space. The experts of the Department of NCE have a regular opportunity to participate in negotiations of various drafts of supranational documents. One of the clearest examples of the Department's activities is its participation in the development of the Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union. As part of the work done by the Department it has established effective cooperation with the Ministry of National Economy of Kazakhstan, sectoral competent authorities, the Eurasian Economic Commission, as well as major business associations of Russia and Belarus in the framework of a business dialogue.
The main aim of the Department is to protect and to promote the interests of local entrepreneurs under the Eurasian economic integration and accession to the WTO.
The main activities are:
- Review and analysis of documents planned to develop and to adopt within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union;
- Consideration of foreign trade documents (cooperation with third countries);
- Participation in the work of advisory bodies under the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Eurasian Economic Commission;
- Monitoring and analysis of foreign trade of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Monitoring and analysis of the ratified obligations taken by Kazakhstan upon to the WTO and within the EAEU;
- Awareness of the business sector of the integration processes, challenges and threats to the interests of the business community in connection with the functioning of the Customs Union, the Single Economic Space, the EAEU and membership in the WTO;
- Development of the Business Dialogue with EAEU member states;
- Fulfillment of activities aimed at removing barriers to the export of Kazakh products on the territory of the EAEU
- Study of opportunities to improve the competitiveness of Kazakh entrepreneurs under the EAEC, etc.
Department within its authority operates in the following areas of economic integration:
- Organization of the activities of the Eurasian Economic Union;
- Customs tariff and non-tariff regulation;
- Special protective, antidumping and countervailing measures;
- Market of drugs and medical devices;
- Sanitary, veterinary and quarantine phytosanitary measures;
- Levy of indirect taxes;
- Macroeconomic policy;
- Competition policy;
- Industrial subsidies;
- Agribusiness and agricultural subsidies;
- Energy (electricity, oil and petroleum products, gas);
- Natural monopolies;
- State and municipal purchases;
- Trade in services and investment;
- Financial markets and monetary policy;
- Intellectual property;
- Labour migration;
- Foreign trade policy;
- Joining of new Member States to the EAEU ;
- Bilateral international cooperation;
- Creation of free trade zones.